Fliff Inc. (“Fliff” or “we”, “our” or “us”) operates the Fliff platform, which includes the Fliff app and website, and all related social media pages (the foregoing, and all content, features, and materials thereon, shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as the “Platform”).
Any updates or modifications to this Policy will be posted in our mobile app and website. By using or accessing the Platform, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by this Policy. This Policy is effective as of January 1, 2022.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Types of Information:
We may collect the following types of Information through our Platform:
- “Personal Data” such as your name, e-mail address, physical address, phone number, specific (e.g., street level) geolocation data and other information that can be used to directly identify you;
- “Device Information” which is information relating to the device you are using when you access our Platform, such as your device’s IP address, your device identifiers (including Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID), the type of browser and operating system you are using, the identity of your internet service provider, and your device and browser settings.
- “Usage Data” which is data related to your use of the Platform such as the pages you visit, your actions within the Platform, the type of content you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on, WiFi connections, general geolocation information, date and time stamps, log files, and diagnostic, crash, and performance logs and reports.
As described in more detail below, we collect Personal Data only when you provide it to us but may collect other types of Information whenever you use the Platform through automated means such as software developer kits, cookies and web beacons (which are discussed in more detail below).
In order to access the contests available on our Platform, you are required to register an account and this process will require you to give us Personal Data.
DEVICE INFORMATION & USAGE DATA
Whether or not you submit Personal Data, any time you visit the Platform, we or our service providers may collect, store or accumulate certain Device Information and Usage Data. This Information may be used in furtherance of the purposes described above with respect to Personal Data and also in aggregate form for internal business purposes, such as optimizing the Platform, generating statistics and developing marketing plans, and otherwise for general administrative, analytical, research, optimization, and security purposes.
INFORMATION TO AND FROM SOCIAL NETWORKS
SHARING OF INFORMATION
In no event will we disclose, rent, sell or share any of your Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
AUTOMATED DATA COLLECTION / COOKIES
We may use certain automatic analytics and tracking technologies to assist us in performing a variety of functions, including storing your Information, collecting Device Information and Usage Data, understanding your use of the Platform, customizing the content offered to you on the Platform and delivering relevant advertising to you. Such technologies include:
- Web Beacons. We may also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
- Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. We also sometimes use, or partner with publishers or app developer platforms that use, mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) that are incorporated into the Platform to collect Information, such as mobile identifiers (e.g., IDFAs and Android Advertising IDs), geolocation information, and other information about your device or use of the Platform. A mobile SDK may act as the mobile version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above) and we may use this technology to deliver or help our advertising partners deliver certain advertising through the Platform based on information associated with your mobile device.
By visiting the Platform you acknowledge, and agree that you are giving us your consent to track your activities and your use of the Platform through the technologies described above, as well as similar technologies developed in the future, and that we may use such tracking technologies in the emails we send to you.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
PRIVACY AND SECURITY
It is entirely your choice whether or not you provide Personal Data to us. We take reasonable precautions to protect our customers’ Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, please remember that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Information that you transmit to us or from us, and you do so at your own risk. You hereby acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorized manner. If you believe your Personal Data is being improperly used by us or any third party, please immediately notify us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MINORS UNDER 18
The Platform is intended for and targeted to adults. We do not permit anyone under the age of 18 to use the Platform nor do we knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data directly from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not send any Personal Data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under 18 years of age and you believe your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
We engage certain third-party service providers to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics services. We may also participate in affiliate advertising and allow affiliate links to be encoded on some of our pages. This means that we may earn a commission when you click on or make purchases via affiliate links.
Our advertisers or ad networks that serve advertisements may utilize Cookies or other similar technologies (including within the ads) to collect anonymous information from you such as your device identifiers, advertising IDs, and IP address, web browser, actions you take relating to the ads, any links you click on, and conversion information. This information may be used by us, our service providers and their clients in aggregated, anonymous form to, among other things, analyze and track aggregated data, determine the popularity of certain content or products, measure the effectiveness of ad campaigns, determine the proper amount of repeat views of a given ad, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our Platform and outside of our Platform on other websites (also known as “interest-based advertising”). These service providers are prohibited from collecting any Personal Data from you and we do not share any of your Personal Data with them.
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
As described above, we may use the Personal Data we collect from you to send you newsletters, push notifications, general communications and promotional e-mails, including promotional communications about our Platform and our or our partners’ products or services. If you do not want to receive such communications, you can opt out (as applicable) by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communications, unchecking the applicable box to opt out when prompted, or by simply not opting in when prompted. You may also at any time opt out of receiving communications from us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Opt Out.
DISALLOWING COOKIES AND LOCATION DATA COLLECTION
You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information, which we collect about you by automated means, by changing the settings in the device you use to access the Platform. In addition, your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Platform.
When you access the Platform through a mobile device, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience and the content you receive. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time thereafter by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application, which will also cause you to lose the applicable feature for which such location data was collected.
We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make changes to this Policy, such a policy will be re-posted in the “Privacy” section of our Platform with the date such modifications were made indicated on the top of the page. Therefore, please review this Policy from time to time so that you are aware when any changes are made to this Policy.
You represent and warrant that any Personal Data you provide us is true and correct and relates to you and not to any other person.
If you use the Platform, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer or device, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
If you have questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com with “Privacy” in the subject line of your email.